The Bulletin

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/18/2018 11:11 am  #1

ed the former Barcelona forward.If I lose

BARCELONA, Spain -- Atletico Madrid needed a second-half goal from midfielder Jorge "Koke" Resurreccion to eke out a 1-0 win at Malaga on Saturday, becoming the overnight leader of the Spanish league as it resumed following the winter break. Atletico built a provisional three-point advantage over Barcelona before the defending champion hosts Elche on Sunday. Barcelona then visits Atletico in the following round. "We will have to wait and see if Barcelona wins tomorrow to stay leader, as it is accustomed to doing," Atletico coach Diego Simeone said. Also, Valencias new manager, Juan Antonio Pizzi, debuted with a 2-0 victory at home over crosstown rival Levante. Almeria routed visiting Granada 3-0 to climb four points clear of the relegation zone, and Real Betis remained bottom of the table after a drab 0-0 draw at Valladolid. Atletico dominated possession but was held in check by Malagas five-man defence until Simeone sent on forwards Adrian Lopez and Cristian Rodriguez to join Diego Costa and David Villa up front for the final half hour. Diego Costa failed to add to his league-leading 19 goals, but the striker turned playmaker to unlock the hosts stingy defence in the 70th. Diego Costa slipped the ball to Adrian, whose rebound off goalkeeper Willy Caballero fell for Koke arriving late to rifle through the crowded area and into the back of the net to claim the winner. "They played a great game in defence but eventually we earned the victory with my goal. That is important for us to take three points back home," Koke said. "The team believes in what it is doing." Atletico moved eight points clear of third-place Real Madrid before it hosts Celta Vigo on Monday. Atletico continued to base its title challenge on Spains best defence, which again left its opponent without a clear scoring opportunity. It has conceded a competition-low 11 goals through 18 games. The loss was the first in four rounds for Bernd Schusters Malaga, leaving it in the middle of the standings. Schuster defended his strategy of trying to stop Atletico by playing with three central defenders, which arguably hurt its efforts in attack. "If somebody believes they can play Atletico as equals with what we have, then go ahead, Ill pay them to do it," Schuster said. "They are better than we are and didnt need a great game to beat us." Pizzi replaced the fired Miroslav Djukic over the two-week league break, and Valencia responded with a convincing win in the city derby against Levante at its Mestalla Stadium. After Pablo Piatti drilled in a clearance to put Valencia in front three minutes before halftime, forward Sofiane Feghouli dribbled through the defence and chipped the ball home via the crossbar in the 73rd to put the result beyond doubt. "We are happy, of course, but it is too early to take balance of the team," Pizzi said. "Im in favour of processes that take a long time. But yes, it helps that we were able to do what we wanted to do the first time. Now we have to work to improve and correct our mistakes." Pizzi will face a tough second test on Tuesday when Valencia hosts Atletico in the Copa del Rey. Almeria forward Aleix Vidal led the way past Granada by crossing for Sebastian Dubarbiers opener and adding a goal of his own after Jose "Verza" Garcia converted a penalty. Betis draw at Valladolid gave the Seville-based side its second point away from home this season. Also on Sunday, its: Real Sociedad vs. Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla vs. Getafe, and Osasuna vs. Espanyol. Villarreal plays at Rayo Vallecano also on Monday. Womens Texans Jerseys .com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday. Texans Jerseys Online .com) - Nino Williams posted 18 points and seven rebounds, as Kansas State edged No. http://www.cheaptexansjerseys.net/. -- The Kelowna Rockets earned their 16th straight win with a 7-2 rout of the Portland Winterhawks in Western Hockey League action Thursday. Authentic Texans Jerseys . The Extreme Heat Policy was enacted at Melbourne Park just before 2 p.m. Thursday, suspending all matches on outer courts until the early evening and requiring the closure of the retractable roofs at Rod Laver and Hisense arenas before play could continue on the show courts. Cheap Texans Store . In question is whether 26-year-old Matt Frattin will be on it. A a€?mediocrea€? training camp, as Carlyle put it earlier this week, has Frattin lingering nervously on the bubble at the end of the exhibition season, pushed out of a likely job by Brandon Kozun, the small, but feisty winger determined to make the NHL for the first time.Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez has revealed a fear of suffering another injury has resulted in a dip in form. The Chile international scored 10 goals in six games for club and country between September and October.But the 27-year-old suffered a hamstring injury in the 1-1 draw against Norwich at Carrow Road in November and has hit just three goals since returning to action in January. Sanchez said: Before my injury I was 100 per cent fit, I was feeling very well. After the injury I wanted to get back but it was hard.I had a setback and when I played I was scared Id get injured again because the thing I like most in the world is playing football and when I cant play I feel sad. Sanchez has scored just three goals since the turn of the year Sanchez has also been frustrated with the teams form as Arsenal trail league leaders Leicester by 11 points with the Gunners having just seven games remaining.ddddddddddddI am never satisfied with what I do. I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League. I always want to win everything, added the former Barcelona forward.If I lose I always go home sad, I cant sleep and that upsets me. Football is my life. Also See: Arsenal video Arsenal fixtures Arsenal stats Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Nike Packers Jerseys Cheap Nike Vikings Jerseys Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys Cheap Nike Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys ' ' ' 

Board footera