The Bulletin

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2017 6:43 pm  #1

What should we do about HORR and WeHORR

We think they're good personally. 

6/16/2017 6:49 pm  #2

Re: What should we do about HORR and WeHORR

Can't think of any particularly important changes. It's a shame when they get cancelled but the organisers do give adequate warning to prevent as many from moving trailers down unnecessarily.

The idea of foreign crews betting a long weekend on a tideway race in March going ahead is utterly loony anyway. They've only themselves to blame when their jaunt to England gets dashed.

Wouldn't mind reversing the course though, means I wouldn't have to paddle back every time and it'd be one in the eye for the Putney poshos.

6/17/2017 4:56 am  #3

HoRR and WeHoRR on the same weekend next year

They should merge - quite like the idea of a head of the Charles style weekend festival of rowing

6/19/2017 1:57 pm  #4

The race itself is fine but HORR has seen a huge decline in entries in recent years. It used to be you'd go on a waiting list for the event but now it's not even getting close to filling up! 

The question is why is this happening? Is it becoming too much of an effort to enter/prep for an event which keeps being cancelled? Should categories be broken down into smaller areas - i.e. club size or location etc. 

6/20/2017 11:55 pm  #5

Sculler wrote:

The race itself is fine but HORR has seen a huge decline in entries in recent years. It used to be you'd go on a waiting list for the event but now it's not even getting close to filling up! 

The question is why is this happening? Is it becoming too much of an effort to enter/prep for an event which keeps being cancelled? Should categories be broken down into smaller areas - i.e. club size or location etc. 

I think the cancellations are taking their toll. No cancellations at all in the 80's and 90's, now it seems to be 50:50. I'm not a fan of the race anyway, and it really looks to be in decline now.

Board footera