The Bulletin

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/12/2018 6:48 am  #1

ound next seas

Who should stay, and who should go? That is the question facing the Winnipeg Blue Bombers as they work to rebuild a roster and a winning culture in the same way the football club built the countrys first new CFL stadium in over three decades. They can only hope the process will see less construction delays and bumps along the way, but result in a similar jewel of a finished product that is Investors Group Field. Despite his own fate remaining an unknown at this juncture, it is clear head coach Tim Burke is heavily involved in analyzing and evaluating Winnipegs current roster as they look toward an offseason that may be their busiest in franchise history. "There will be changes of some kind, whether its one person or half the team and all the coaching staff. Who knows what itll be," said Burke as he prepares his 3-14 team for their season finalé at home against Hamilton. "We meet as a staff, and then (acting general manager Kyle Walters) and I meet together." Burke and Walters have noticed a trend in some of their players. "(The conversations) have been going on and they continue to go on because some guys surprise you, more that they dont have the heart, dont have the competitive spirit that they need to have. So you dont want to go forward with those guys in the future." Those who see playing time on Saturday and those who do not may indicate who will be around next season, or elsewhere. "Some of them have showed their true colours this week," added Burke. "And so they wont play (against Hamilton)." One of the players who is working to leave a noticeable mark is Johnny Sears, who, since returning from a long-term foot injury in Week 15, has been an injection of energy and tenacity into a team in desperate need of it. Sears is a player who clearly understands the audition process so many Blue Bombers are currently being subjected to by Burke and Walters, as well as others around the CFL. "Someone has to remember me, if not my team, before I leave (for the season)," said the versatile fourth-year pro who has lined up at corner, halfback, and nickelback this month. "Youve got to make a demanding impact, and thats what I try to bring." "With trades, to get released, or new coaching staff, you dont know whos watching," added Sears, who understands the current situation in the CFL with an expansion team joining this winter and his club in a rebuilding phase. "Everybody is watching, but you dont know whos taking notes on you. So whatever you put on film on the field, somebody might like it and somebody may not. The person who may like it might be your next boss, so its all in the resumé... I think thats in the back of every players mind." "Who knows whats going to happen. An example, for our season, were all playing for our next job. Who knows what it may be? I may be here. I may be gone. I dont know... If I am gone, Im playing hard enough for somebody else to want me or play good enough for them to keep me here." Sears, 26, remains under contract with the Bombers through the 2014 season. The 3-14 Blue Bombers are working to avoid tying their lowest season win total since a 2-14 finish back in 1970. "Right now we just want a victory," said the head coach. "This is going to be our last week together, last game together as a team. And this is what I told them... Somebody in that room is going to be playing for Ottawa next year. Maybe two or three. Who knows? Some guys, this will be their last game they ever play in their life. This is a chance for us to go out together as a team and play as a team and play our hearts out." Notes: Some players who may miss action this week due to injury include defensive ends Kenny Mainor (shoulder) and Greg Peach (groin), offensive linemen Glenn January (undisclosed) and Patrick Neufeld (lower-body), receiver Terrence Edwards (undisclosed), and nickelback Desia Dunn (undisclosed)... Defensive tackle Zach Anderson returns to the lineup this week after missing the last two games... Running back Mario Fannin, who was signed to the practice roster on October 1, is expected to get a solid look in game action this week. Authentic Hassan Whiteside Jersey . The rest of the team was already on the field stretching before batting practice while Puig was getting dressed in the clubhouse. He had been slated to start in right field for the afternoon game against the San Francisco Giants, who beat the Dodgers 8-4. Cheap Heat Jerseys Free Shipping . In this space, I will be writing new and unique pieces about the team that you wont be able to find anywhere else.  So naturally, in an attempt to come up with a fresh topic about the Ottawa Senators, I am going to start with a piece about their goaltending. http://www.cheapheatjerseysauthentic.com/. Dancevic won his singles match on Friday, defeating Go Soeda 6-4, 7-6 (2), 6-1, to even the best-of-five series at a game apiece. World No. 18 Kei Nishikori defeated Peter Polansky in the opening match, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4. Authentic Chris Bosh Jersey .C. -- Carter Ashton had a pair of goals and added an assist as the Toronto Marlies downed the Charlotte Checkers 5-2 on Saturday in the American Hockey League. Authentic Shaquille O’Neal Jersey ., will experience this week. A year in which the Canadian curling championship has been pushed forward a week to accommodate the Winter Olympics was deemed the perfect chance to stage the event in Montreal for the first time since 1979.MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens have traded veteran forward Daniel Briere to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for forward Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau and a fifth-round pick in 2015 draft.The 36-year-old Briere, who is heading into the final year of his contract, recorded 13 goals and 12 assists in 69 games with the Canadiens last season.Parenteau, 31, had 14 goals and 19 assists with Colorado.The Boucherville, Que., native was selected 264th overall by the Anaheim Ducks at the 2001 NHL draft. Prior to joining the Avalanche, Parenteau suited up for the Chicago Blackhawks, New York Rangers and New York Islanders.Briere, who has also played for Phoenix, Buffalo, and Philadelphia, joined the Canadiens as a free agent on July 4, 2013.I think for one year it was a great experience, Briere said of his time in Montreal. What we did in the playoffs was pretty amazing. This is what Ill remember the most. I think sometimes certain coaches like certain players. I dont think it was anything personal. But my responsibilities that I had probably were a little lower than I had expected coming in. Thhats why Im looking forward to a new chance in Colorado.ddddddddddddBriere said it was difficult to watch from the sidelines as a healthy scratch.Its tough watching your teammates going out there and sacrificing their body while you have to just watch, he said in an interview. But I kept saying to myself good things are going to happen, just be a good team player. And I feel in a sense its a little bit of whats happening today.Parenteau said he happy to be returning to his home province.I think Im at a stage of my career where Im old enough to deal with all the pressure that comes with it, he told a conference call. Its a pretty big deal for a kid, Im pretty much playing in my hometown. . . Its a huge deal for me, my family, everyone that surrounds me.He also thinks hes a good fit in Montreal.Im pretty good friends with Brandon Prust and Dale Weise and David Desharnais, he said. Im not coming into a locker-room that I dont know anybody, so that makes it even more exciting for myself. Its a great challenge, its a great opportunity and Im going to make the best out of it. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Board footera