The Bulletin

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2018 6:37 am  #1

d earn a spot in the

KITCHENER, Ont. -- Brad Gushue of St. Johns, N.L., needs just one more win to get closer to another Olympic experience. The 2006 Olympic gold medallist came out hitting against Saskatoons Steve Laycock for a 5-3 win on Sunday in the Page Playoff C-C game at the Road to the Roar Olympic pre-trials. With the win, Gushue earned another faceoff with Brad Jacobs of Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., in the last chance to qualify for the Roar of the Rings Olympic curling trials in December. That event that will decide Canadas teams for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. "It felt great out there," said Gushue. "I thought we played well. We really minimized our mistakes, which is something really burned us early on this week. We didnt make any big ones, and the few mistakes that we did, we came back with great shots after." The No. 2-ranked Gushue rattled off two wins early in the pre-trial tournament, then lost the A-Event final to John Morris of Vernon/Kelowna, B.C. Battling back through the B-Event, Gushue lost the semifinal to Jacobs and had to win two more games before defeating Greg Balsdon of Elgin, Ont., in the C-Event finals and earn a spot in the Page C-C game. Gushue and his team of Brett Gallant, Adam Casey, Geoff Walker and coach Peter Gallant shot 90 per cent as a team, and executed the big shots when needed. In the eighth, with a Laycock counter tucked behind a corner guard, Gushue made the runback double with his first, and then threw a precise pick forcing Laycock to hit for one and head into the final two ends trailing by two. Trailing by one in the final end, Laycock split the house to set up a possible score of two, forcing Gushue to draw for one and put the win away. "Were playing our best curling the past two days, and hopefully it continues tonight," Gushue said. "We just need one game, one great game, and well be in Winnipeg. But unfortunately, were playing a real good team, and theyre playing well too. So were going to give it everything we have and hopefully come out on top." While disappointed, Laycock was also philosophical after the loss. "We came in ranked fifth, and we finished fourth," said Laycock. "Disappointing to lose out there, but they played a great game though. Brad make five or six doubles that were huge." Twins Kyle Gibson Jersey . -- Darrelle Revis says at least 26 teams called after he was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Twins Rod Carew Jersey . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., who trains out of San Diego, will fight bantamweight champion (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey on July 5 in the co-main event of UFC 175 in Las Vegas. http://www.cheaptwinsjerseysauthentic.com/.What they got was a bevy of players chipping in to pick up the slack.Josh Smith scored 18 points and James Harden added 17 as the Rockets used a balanced scoring effort to outlast the Mavericks for a 99-94 victory. Twins Adalberto Mejia Jersey . Grilli hasnt pitched since straining his left oblique in late April. Manager Clint Hurdle says the right-hander will make a couple of appearances in middle relief before the team determines whether to return Grilli to the back end of the bullpen. Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers.DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Serena Williams says she asked for a wildcard into the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships to combat boredom once she believed her back injury was on the mend. "My back finally started to feel better but it wasnt better in time for me to play Doha at the level Id like to play," said Williams, in a pre-match media interview on Monday. "So then it became more about what can I play next and this was next on the calendar. "It gets boring to have to practice every day. I was like, I dont want to practice anymore. I want to play a match." The American has been sidelined with an aching back since losing a three-set, fourth-round match to Ana Ivanovic at the Australian Open last month. The ttop-seeded Williams isnt just playing singles this week in Dubai.dddddddddddd She and sister Venus, who also was given a singles wildcard into the main draw, were granted a wildcard into the doubles as well. "I think its actually going to be good for me to do (play singles and doubles) because it will give me some more match play," Williams said. "I need to get used to the conditions and moving so its definitely helpful." Williams, who received a first round bye, will play the winner of the all-Russian encounter between Alisa Kleybanova and Elena Makarova in the second round. In the doubles, the Williams sisters will face the second-seeded Russian pairing of Makarova and Elena Vesnina in the first round. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Board footera