The Bulletin

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2018 6:36 am  #1

urope." Since Qatari b

MINNEAPOLIS - Raul Ibanezs first opportunity to be an everyday major league player came with the Kansas City Royals. Returning to the Royals more than a decade later, his hope is for another experience: post-season play. The Royals signed the 42-year-old Ibanez Monday, nine days after he was released by the Los Angeles Angels. "Its been in the works for a while. I was really excited about the opportunity to come here. I like the makeup of the club, and I like the possibilities. Theyre endless," Ibanez said in Minnesota before the Royals played the Twins. "Theres a great opportunity to do some special things here." The Royals entered Monday 3 1/2 games behind first-place Detroit in the AL Central and 1 1/2 games out of a wild-card spot. Manager Ned Yost said hell probably play Ibanez in the outfield, at first base and as the designated hitter. "Hes what we call a professional hitter," Yost said. "So we think hes going to be a big addition to our team." Ibanez, the second-oldest active player in the majors behind Clevelands Jason Giambi, who is on the disabled list, batted just .157 in 57 games for the Angels. Though 10 of his 26 hits were for extra bases, he said his balance was "totally off" at the plate. "Im just going to be myself and try to help this team any way I can," Ibanez said. This is his fifth team since 2011. Ibanez hit 29 home runs just last year for Seattle, the team that he broke in with in 1996. He didnt regularly crack the lineup until joining the Royals in 2001, and in 2002 he had his breakout year with a .294 batting average, 37 doubles, 24 home runs and 103 RBIs in 137 games. "I have some very fond memories of the city. My son was born in Kansas City. Nothing would please me more than to be part of something that hasnt been done here in a long time, and thats getting into the post-season," Ibanez said. "Ive been in from the other side, and when youre playing against them you look at that team and you realize how far the organization has come and how much progress theyve made." The Royals made several moves Monday. Ibanez and infielder Christian Colon were added to the roster, and infielder Pedro Ciriaco and outfielder Justin Maxwell were designated for assignment. Colon was recalled from Triple-A. The fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft was batting .296 with 48 runs, 14 doubles and 14 steals in 74 games for Omaha. Yost said Colon will play second base, shortstop and third base. Kansas City also traded left-hander Donnie Joseph to the Miami Marlins for cash. He was designated for assignment on June 24. The 26-year-old Joseph pitched in one game for Kansas City this season, getting two outs on June 16 in Detroit. The Royals got him during the 2012 season in a trade that sent reliever Jonathan Broxton to Cincinnati. Blaine Gabbert Jersey . A lovely summer day in England with abundant sunshine and minimal wind allowed him to attack Royal Liverpool. Curley Culp Jersey . Six years of waiting are finally over for the Dallas defenceman. Daley had a goal and an assist, Kari Lehtonen recorded his fifth shutout of the season, and the Stars clinched their first playoff berth since 2008 with a 3-0 victory against the St. http://www.cheaptitansjerseysonline.com/?tag=kevin-pamphile-jersey-online.com) - Ames, IA (SportsNetwork. Austin Johnson Jersey . Juventus announced details of the deal Saturday, saying that Morata signed a five-year contract with the club. The deal also includes an option for Madrid to buy Morata back for up to (euro)30 million ($40. Dane Cruikshank Jersey . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Penguins (3) - Surrendered a tough first goal against on a deflection through the body short side.PARIS -- Midfielder Blaise Matuidi has signed a new contract with Paris Saint-Germain until 2018, ending months of speculation surrounding his future. The 26-year-old Matuidi has been one of PSGs key players, playing an important role in the French league title run last year. The France international was out of contract in June and had been linked with a big-money move to English Premier League side Manchester City. Matuidi has formed a dynamic central midfield pairing with Thiago Motta, who recently signed a new deal to keep him at the club until 2016. PSG is also negotiating terms with Brazil centre half Alex over a new contract. A tireless runner renowned for his tenacious tackling, Matuidi has played 124 games and scored 13 goals for PSG since joining from Saint-Etienne in 2011. "I was determined to continue the adventure with Paris Saint-Germain," said Matuidi, who has played 19 times for France. "The clubs limitless ambition is unequaled in Europe." Since Qatari backers QSI took charge in May 2011, PSG alreaady has bought four players costing more than 40 million euros ($55 million) each -- Brazil captain Thiago Silva, Argentina midfielder Javier Pastore, the clubs first marquee signing who has since fallen out of favour, Brazil winger Lucas and Uruguay forward Edinson Cavani.dddddddddddd PSG also signed midfielder Yohan Cabaye from Premier League club Newcastle last month, and the fact Matuidi is staying on shows PSG has the power both to lure and keep good players, when the French league has historically mainly been a selling league. "We are sending out a very strong message to France and the rest of Europe by re-signing one of Frances very best players," PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said. "Together, we want to build one of the best clubs in the world." PSG leads the French league by five points from Monaco, and thrashed Bayer Leverkusen 4-0 away from home in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 match. The team is scoring freely and Zlatan Ibrahimovic has 37 goals in all competitions. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

Board footera