The Bulletin

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/13/2017 6:57 pm  #1

Students in Club events

Current alleged offenders: Taurus, Team Keane, Elizabethan

6/13/2017 7:51 pm  #2

Re: Students in Club events

Admin wrote:

Team Keane should be entirely eligible for the Temple if they are an Oxford University college composite - they don't have any full blues right?

6/13/2017 7:53 pm  #3

Admin wrote:

All legit as per precedent set over last few years.

TC Molesey '16 - mostly GB juniors/US american gap year students/Trialists

Wyfold Grasshopper '16 - all students, all U23 athletes that year

Brit Sport Imp '16 - princeton?

TC Griffin '13 and 18 - same deal as elizabethan, all legit old boys

Taurus '13 - american uni students

6/13/2017 7:59 pm  #4

bankrider wrote:

Admin wrote:

Team Keane should be entirely eligible for the Temple if they are an Oxford University college composite - they don't have any full blues right?

You can only have 2 colleges as a composite and i think they have more than 2 colleges.

6/13/2017 8:10 pm  #5

Clancularius wrote:

bankrider wrote:

Admin wrote:

You can only have 2 colleges as a composite and i think they have more than 2 colleges.

They do have a couple of full blues on board (from previous years)

6/13/2017 8:11 pm  #6

Clancularius wrote:

bankrider wrote:

Admin wrote:

Ah okay. Still proves the point that they are massively ineligible for the Thames however.

The Team Keane entry is the most questionable out of the three IMHO. Taurus are an alumni 4+ with one person who isn't (but I suppose that could've been easily changed) and Elizabethan appear full of US Uni guys but again, they are alumni. Cue argument over what constitutes a standard sufficient for club events...

6/13/2017 8:22 pm  #7

If Team Keane have Berwick- Cooley on board then surely they will be in the Ladies as he has a medal at the U23s last year which is against the rules for the Thames?

6/13/2017 8:43 pm  #8

Admin wrote:

Heard talk of a London 4+ of students also.

6/13/2017 8:56 pm  #9

BigJim wrote:

If Team Keane have Berwick- Cooley on board then surely they will be in the Ladies as he has a medal at the U23s last year which is against the rules for the Thames?

THE THAMES CHALLENGE CUP FOR EIGHT OARS WITH COXSWAIN
1. Any crew of eligible members of any one club established at least one year before the closing date for entries may contend for this prize, subject to the following:-
(a) No crew of a boat club of any university, college or secondary school shall be qualified to contend for this prize.
(b) No current national squad oarsman, heavyweight or lightweight, shall compete in this event.
(c) No F.I.S.A. Under 23 national crew may contend for this prize.
(d) No oarsman shall compete in this event if he has rowed or sculled in an Olympic Games, a Final Olympic Qualification Regatta, a F.I.S.A. Senior World Championships or a Senior European Championships.
(e) No oarsman shall compete in this event if he has won a medal at a World Under 23 Championships.
(f) No oarsman shall compete in this event if he has previously won an event at the Regatta, other than The Temple, The Prince Albert, The Princess Elizabeth or The Fawley Challenge Cups, save that any crew may contain up to two oarsmen who have previously won The Thames, The Wyfold or The Britannia Challenge Cups. (g) No crew of an alumni boat club of a university or college shall be qualified to contend for this prize if the crew contains any current year students from the associated university or college. 2. No one (coxswains excepted) shall compete in this event and in any other event at the same Regatta.

6/13/2017 8:56 pm  #10

👀

Board footera